ICAI vide Press Release dated October 29, 2020 announced the launch of an initiative “We Care – A Unique Social Security Scheme and Benevolence Program for Senior CAs”, a unique social security and benevolence program for Senior CA members of age 75 years and above.
The initiative “We Care” would work for senior members by:
- Building a technology based holistic support ecosystem
- Dedicated helpdesk for 24×7 assistance
- Need based Financial & other assistance for medical treatment & other issues
ICAI vide Press Release dated July 01, 2020 announced that (ICAI) inaugurated 5 Representative Offices of ICAI in USA during a program “Unite in America” on July 4, 2020. Key takeaways are:
- With the launch of 5 Representative Offices at Chicago, Dallas, Houston, New England Region and Washington D.C, ICAI has enhanced its strong presence in 7 major cities of USA including New York and San Francisco
- The Representative Offices will act as focal point of contact bringing together ICAI members abroad and enable effective reach and service to its members, thus aiding to position the ‘Indian Accountancy Profession’ as a ‘Brand’ worldwide for generating more professional avenues for Indian Chartered Accountants and contribution in global economy.
ICAI vide Press Release dated July 01, 2020 announced that ICAI has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the Service Export Promotion Council (SEPC) on June 30, 2020. Key takeaways are:
- To enhance the competitiveness of India’s exports in Accounting and Finance Services through implementation of the focused and monitored Action Plan.
- Both organizations have agreed to jointly set up a Co-ordination Group which will work for Promoting awareness on various initiatives of the Government of India in various countries for creating awareness towards Action Plan for Champion Sector, with regard to Accounting and Finance Services and for export promotion of such services.
- The endeavor would also be to organize studies and publish knowledge papers with inputs and research based on feedback from members.
Happy CA Day to all members of our august profession. Happy Doctors day to all doctors. I salute the economic and health warriors of our nation.
I am Proud to be a CA.
Top leadership of our country has sent congratulatory message for the entire profession. The Prime Minister, The Vice-President, Home Minister, Finance Minister and other Honorable Ministers have sent the message for all the members.
CBDT vide Notification dated December 30, 2020 mandate businessmen with Turnover more than INR 50 Crores in the immediate preceding previous year to have facility to accept payment through Rupay Debit Card, BHIM-UPI, UPI QR Code w.e.f. January 01, 2020
ICAI vide announcement dated November 12, 2019 invites application from high profile and multi-faceted personality with proven leadership qualities, excellent communication, administrative, interpersonal and motivational skills for the position of Secretary.
Interested candidates may e-mail their structured application at email@example.com or can send through Speed Post addressed to the Joint Director-HRD, The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India, ICAI Bhawan, I.P. Marg, New Delhi – 110 002, in a sealed envelope superscribing `Application for the post of Secretary’, on or before 2nd December, 2019.
ICAI vide Announcement dated October 15, 2019 invites suggestion under the various heads on laws relating to Direct Taxes (including International Taxation) and Indirect Taxes latest by October 20,2019 for inclusion in the Pre-Budget Memoranda – 2020 to be submitted to the Ministry of Finance or respective State Ministry.
The Department of Revenue vide Notification dated October 09, 2019 notified that registered persons having aggregate turnover of more than 1.5 crore rupees in the preceding financial year or the current financial year shall furnish the details in FORM GSTR-1 for each of the months from October, 2019 to March, 2020 till the eleventh day of the month succeeding such month.
CBDT vide notification dated September 12, 2019 has notified Income Tax E-Assessment Scheme, 2019.This scheme involves faceless scrutiny assessment of Income Tax Returns be made. It ensures that all communication with tax payers and among assessment centres will be purely electronic and assessees will not to make personal appearance at centres.
E-Assessment Scheme, 2019
ICAI vide announcement dated July 30, 2019 has launched Campus Placement Programme for Newly Qualified Chartered Accountants (NQCAs) for September-October, 2019 at following Centres: Mumbai, New Delhi, Chennai, Kolkata, Bengaluru, Ahmedabad, Hyderabad, Jaipur, Pune, Durgapur, Ernakulam, Bhubaneswar, Chandigarh, Coimbatore, Indore, Kanpur, Thane and Noida.